HearClear Terms Of Service
Last modified: 3rd March 2020
In order to provide our Services (as defined below) through our apps, services, features, software, or website, we need to obtain your express agreement to our Terms of Service (“Terms”). You agree to our Terms by registering, installing, accessing, or using our apps, services, features, software, or website.
Desifa Ltd (collectively, “Desifa,” “our,” “we,” or “us”) provides the services described below to you (collectively, “Services”, “HearClear”):
- Privacy And Security Principles. Since we started Desifa, we’ve built our Services with strong privacy and security principles in mind.
- Connecting You With Other People. We provide ways for you to communicate with other HearClear users including through messages, voice and video calls, sending images and video, showing your status, and sharing your location with others when you choose. Desifa works with partners, service providers, and affiliated companies to help us provide ways for you to connect with their services. We use the information we receive from them to help operate, provide, and improve our Services.
- Ways To Improve Our Services. We analyse how you make use of HearClear, in order to improve all aspects of our Services described here, including helping businesses who use HearClear measure the effectiveness and distribution of their services and messages. Desifa uses the information it has and also works with partners, service providers, and affiliated companies to do this.
- Communicating With Businesses. We provide ways for you and third parties, like businesses, to communicate with each other using HearClear, such as through order, transaction, and appointment information, delivery and shipping notifications, product and service updates, and marketing. Messages you may receive containing marketing could include an offer for something that might interest you. We do not want you to have a spammy experience; as with all of your messages, you can manage these communications, and we will honour the choices you make.
- Safety And Security. We work to protect the safety and security of HearClear by appropriately dealing with abusive people and activity and violations of our Terms. We prohibit misuse of our Services, harmful conduct towards others, and violations of our Terms and policies, and address situations where we may be able to help support or protect our community. We develop automated systems to improve our ability to detect and remove abusive people and activity that may harm our community and the safety and security of our Services. If we learn of people or activity like this, we will take appropriate action by removing such people or activity or contacting law enforcement. We share information with other affiliated companies when we learn of misuse or harmful conduct by someone using our Services.
- Enabling Global Access To Our Services. To operate our global Service, we need to store and distribute content and information in data centres and systems around the world, including outside your country of residence. This infrastructure may be owned or operated by our service providers or affiliated companies.
NO ACCESS TO EMERGENCY SERVICES: There are important differences between our Services and your mobile phone and a fixed-line telephone and SMS services. Our Services do not provide access to emergency services or emergency services providers, including the police, fire departments, or hospitals, or otherwise connect to public safety answering points. You should ensure you can contact your relevant emergency services providers through a mobile phone, a fixed-line telephone, or other service.
About Our Services
Registration. You must register for our Services using accurate information, provide your current mobile phone number, and, if you change it, update your mobile phone number using your profile screen. You agree to receive text messages and phone calls (from us or our third-party providers) with codes to register for our Services. Address Book. You provide us, all in accordance with applicable laws, the phone numbers of HearClear users and your other contacts in your mobile address book on a regular basis, including for both the users of our Services and your other contacts.
Age. If you live in a country in the European Region, you must be at least 16 years old to use our Services or such greater age required in your country to register for or use our Services. If you live in any other country except those in the European Region, you must be at least 13 years old to use our Services or such greater age required in your country to register for or use our Services. In addition to being of the minimum required age to use our Services under applicable law, if you are not old enough to have authority to agree to our Terms in your country, your parent or guardian must agree to our Terms on your behalf.
Devices And Software. You must provide certain devices, software, and data connections to use our Services, which we otherwise do not supply. In order to use our Services, you consent to manually or automatically download and install updates to our Services. You also consent to our sending you notifications via HearClear from time to time, as necessary to provide our Services to you. Fees And Taxes. You are responsible for all carrier data plans, Internet fees, and other fees and taxes associated with your use of our Services.
Acceptable Use Of Our Services
Our Terms And Policies. You must use our Services according to our Terms and policies. If you violate our Terms or policies, we may take action with respect to your account, including disabling or suspending your account and, if we do, you must not create another account without our permission.
Legal And Acceptable Use. You must access and use our Services only for legal, authorised, and acceptable purposes. You will not use (or assist others in using) our Services in ways that:
- violate, misappropriate, or infringe the rights of HearClear, our users, or others, including privacy, publicity, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights;
- are illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, intimidating, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or instigate or encourage conduct that would be illegal or otherwise inappropriate, including promoting violent crimes;
- involve publishing falsehoods, misrepresentations, or misleading statements;
- impersonate someone;
- involve sending illegal or impermissible communications, such as bulk messaging, auto-messaging, auto-dialling, and the like;
- involve any non-personal use of our Services unless otherwise authorised by us.
Harm To HearClear Or Our Users. You must not (or assist others to) directly, indirectly, through automated or other means access, use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sublicense, transfer, display, perform, or otherwise exploit our Services in impermissible or unauthorised manners, or in ways that burden, impair, or harm us, our Services, systems, our users, or others, including that you must not directly or through automated means:
- reverse engineer, alter, modify, create derivative works from, decompile, or extract code from our Services;
- send, store, or transmit viruses or other harmful computer code through or onto our Services;
- gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Services or systems;
- interfere with or disrupt the safety, security, or performance of our Services;
- create accounts for our Services through unauthorised or automated means;
- collect the information of or about our users in any impermissible or unauthorized manner;
- sell, resell, rent, or charge for our Services in an unauthorised manner;
- distribute or make our Services available over a network where they could be used by multiple devices at the same time, except as authorized through tools we have expressly provided via our Services;
- create software or APIs that function substantially the same as our Services and offer them for use by third parties in an unauthorised manner.
Keeping Your Account Secure. You are responsible for keeping your device and your HearClear account safe and secure, and you must notify us promptly of any unauthorised use or security breach of your account or our Services.
Your Rights. HearClear does not claim ownership of the information that you submit for your HearClear account or through our Services. You must have the necessary rights to such information that you submit for your HearClear account or through our Services and the right to grant the rights and licenses in our Terms.
HearClear’s Rights. We own all copyrights, trademarks, domains, logos, trade dress, trade secrets, patents, and other intellectual property rights associated with our Services. You may not use our copyrights, trademarks, domains, logos, trade dress, patents, or other intellectual property rights unless you have our express permission and except in accordance with our Brand Guidelines. You may use the trademarks of our affiliated companies only with their permission, including as authorised in any published brand guidelines.
HearClear’s License To You. We grant you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable license to use our Services, subject to and in accordance with our Terms. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use our Services in the manner permitted by our Terms. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted to you.
Reporting Third-Party Copyright, Trademark, And Other Intellectual Property Infringement. To report claims of third-party copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property infringement, please visit our Intellectual Property Policy. We may take action with respect to your account, including disabling or suspending your account, if you infringe the intellectual property rights of others.
WE WILL USE REASONABLE SKILL AND CARE IN PROVIDING OUR SERVICES TO YOU AND IN KEEPING IT A SAFE, SECURE, AND ERROR-FREE ENVIRONMENT, BUT WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT HEARCLEAR WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS, OR IMPERFECTIONS. YOU USE OUR SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK AND SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMERS. WE ARE PROVIDING OUR SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY US IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR USEFUL, THAT OUR SERVICES WILL BE OPERATIONAL, ERROR FREE, SECURE, OR SAFE, OR THAT OUR SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS, OR IMPERFECTIONS. WE DO NOT CONTROL AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR, CONTROLLING HOW OR WHEN OUR USERS USE OUR SERVICES OR THE FEATURES, SERVICES, AND INTERFACES OUR SERVICES PROVIDE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO CONTROL THE ACTIONS OR INFORMATION (INCLUDING CONTENT) OF OUR USERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES. YOU RELEASE US, OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, AND AGENTS (TOGETHER, THE “DESIFA PARTIES”) FROM ANY CLAIM, COMPLAINT, CAUSE OF ACTION, OR CONTROVERSY (TOGETHER, “CLAIM”) AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, RELATING TO, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY SUCH CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY THIRD PARTIES. YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO DESIFA AND HEARCLEAR ARE NOT MODIFIED BY THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER IF THE LAWS OF YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, APPLICABLE AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES, DO NOT PERMIT IT. IF YOU ARE A UNITED STATES RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOUR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Limitation Of Liability
OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY RELATING TO, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH OUR TERMS, US, OR OUR SERVICES SHALL BE LIMITED TO LOSSES THAT ARE A REASONABLY FORESEEABLE CONSEQUENCE OF SUCH BREACH (EXCEPT IN RELATION TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION) AND WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS.
YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO HEARCLEAR ARE NOT MODIFIED BY THE FOREGOING LIMITATION IF THE LAWS OF YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, APPLICABLE AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES, DO NOT PERMIT IT.
If anyone brings a claim (“Third Party Claim”) against us related to your actions, information, or content on HearClear, you will, to the extent permitted by law, indemnify and hold the HearClear and Desifa Parties harmless from and against all liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) relating to, arising out of, or in any way in connection with any of the following:
- your access to or use of our Services, including information provided in connection therewith;
- your breach of our Terms or of applicable law;
- any misrepresentation made by you. You will cooperate as fully as required by us in the defence or settlement of any Third Party Claim. Your rights with respect to HearClear are not modified by the foregoing indemnification if the laws of your country of residence, applicable as a result of your use of our Services, do not permit it.
If You Live In The European Region.If you are a consumer and habitually reside in a territory within the European Region, the laws of your territory will apply to any Claim you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms or our Services, and you may resolve your Claim in any competent court in your territory that has jurisdiction over the Claim. In all other cases, you agree that the Claim must be resolved in a competent court in England & Wales that has jurisdiction over the Claim and that the laws of England & Wales will govern these Terms and any Claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
If You Live Outside The European Region, United States, Or Canada. If you are a consumer located outside the European Region, United States, and Canada, the laws of the country in which you reside will apply to any Claim you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms or our Services, and you may resolve your Claim in any competent court in that country that has jurisdiction over the Claim. In all other cases, you agree that the Claim must be resolved in a competent court in England & Wales that has jurisdiction over the Claim and that the laws of England & Wales will govern these Terms and any Claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
If You Live In The United States Or Canada. If you are a HearClear user located in the United States or Canada, the “Special Arbitration Provision for United States or Canada Users” section below also applies to you. Please read that section carefully and completely. If you are not subject to the “Special Arbitration Provision for United States or Canada Users” section below, you agree that you will resolve any Claim you have with us relating to, arising out of, or in any way in connection with our Terms or our Services (each, a “Dispute,” and together, “Disputes”) exclusively in a competent court in England & Wales that has jurisdiction over the Claim and that the laws of England & Wales will govern these Terms and any Claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
See Below: Special Arbitration Provision For United States Or Canada Users
Availability And Termination Of Our Services
Availability Of Our Services. We are always trying to improve our Services. That means we may add or remove our Services, features, functionalities, and the support of certain devices and platforms. Our Services may be interrupted, including for maintenance, repairs, upgrades, or network or equipment failures. We may discontinue some or all of our Services, including certain features and the support for certain devices and platforms, at any time after a notice period of 30 days, where possible. Events beyond our control may affect our Services, such as events in nature and other force majeure events.
Termination. Although we hope you remain a HearClear user, you can terminate your relationship with HearClear at any time, for any reason by deleting your account. For instructions on how to do so, please visit the “Deleting your account” page on our website.
We may also modify, suspend, or terminate your access to or use of our Services anytime for suspicious or unlawful conduct, including for fraud, or if we reasonably believe you violate our Terms or create harm, risk, or possible legal exposure for us, our users, or others. The following provisions will survive any termination of your relationship with HearClear and Desifa: “Licenses,” “Disclaimers,” “Limitation of Liability,” “Indemnification,” “Dispute Resolution,” “Availability and Termination of our Services,” “Other,” and “Special Arbitration Provision For United States Or Canada Users.” If you believe your account’s termination or suspension was in error, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unless a mutually executed agreement between you and us states otherwise, our Terms make up the entire agreement between you and us regarding Desifa and our Services, and supersede any prior agreements.
- We reserve the right to designate in the future that certain of our Services are governed by separate terms (where, as applicable, you may separately consent).
- Our Services are not intended for distribution to or use in any country where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another country. We reserve the right to limit our Services in any country.
- You will comply with all applicable United States and non-United States export control and trade sanctions laws (“Export Laws”). You will not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, provide, or otherwise transfer our Services:
- to any individual, entity, or country prohibited by Export Laws;
- to anyone on United States or non-United States government restricted parties lists;
- for any purpose prohibited by Export Laws, including nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons, or missile technology applications without the required government authorizations.
- Any amendment to or waiver of our Terms requires our express consent. You have the right to terminate your relationship with HearClear and Desifa at any time by deleting your account.
- We may amend or update these Terms. Unless otherwise required by law, we will provide you at least 30 days’ notice of amendments to our Terms, which will give you the opportunity to review the revised Terms before continuing to use our Services. We will also update the “Last Modified” date at the top of our Terms. Changes to these Terms shall become effective no sooner than 30 days after we provide notice of planned changes. Please note that we may not be able to provide such notice for changes to these Terms that are required to address technical evolutions of our Services or for changes made for legal reasons, both of which will become effective immediately. Your continued use of our Services following the notice period of planned changes confirms your acceptance of our Terms, as amended. We hope you will continue using HearClear, but if you do not agree to our Terms, as amended, you must stop using our Services by deleting your account.
- All of our rights and obligations under our Terms are freely assignable by us to any of our affiliates or in connection with a merger, acquisition, restructuring, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise, and we may transfer your information to any of our affiliates, successor entities, or new owner. In the event of such an assignment, these Terms will continue to govern your relationship with such third party. We hope you will continue using HearClear, but if you do not agree to such an assignment, you must stop using our Services by deleting your account.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under our Terms to anyone else without our prior written consent.
- Nothing in our Terms will prevent us from complying with the law.
- Except as contemplated herein, our Terms do not give any third-party beneficiary rights.
- If we fail to enforce any of our Terms, it will not be considered a waiver.
- If any provision of these Terms is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from our Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of our Terms, and the remaining portion of our Terms will remain in full force and effect.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted by us to you. In certain jurisdictions, you may have legal rights as a consumer, and our Terms are not intended to limit such consumer legal rights that may not be waived by contract. Also, in certain jurisdictions, you may have legal rights as a data subject, and our Terms are not intended to limit such rights that may not be waived by contract.
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Desifa, HearClear and our Services, but you understand that you have no obligation to provide feedback or suggestions and that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them.
Special Arbitration Provision For United States Or Canada Users
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT CONTAINS ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS APPLICABLE ONLY TO OUR UNITED STATES AND CANADA USERS. IF YOU ARE A HEARCLEAR USER LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA, YOU AND WE AGREE TO SUBMIT ALL DISPUTES TO BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION, EXCEPT FOR THOSE THAT INVOLVE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY DISPUTES AND EXCEPT THOSE THAT CAN BE BROUGHT IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. THIS MEANS YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE SUCH DISPUTES RESOLVED IN COURT BY A JUDGE OR JURY. THIS SECTION ALSO LIMITS THE TIME YOU HAVE TO BRING A CLAIM, INCLUDING THE TIME TO START AN ARBITRATION OR, IF PERMISSIBLE, A COURT ACTION. FINALLY, YOU MAY BRING A CLAIM ONLY ON YOUR OWN BEHALF, AND NOT ON BEHALF OF ANY OFFICIAL OR OTHER PERSON, OR CLASS OF PEOPLE. YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN, OR HAVE YOUR DISPUTE HEARD AND RESOLVED AS, A CLASS ACTION, A CLASS ARBITRATION, OR A REPRESENTATIVE ACTION.
“Excluded Dispute” means any Dispute relating to the enforcement or infringement of your or our intellectual property rights (such as copyrights, trademarks, domains, logos, trade dress, trade secrets, and patents). For clarity and notwithstanding the foregoing, those Disputes relating to, arising out of, or in any way in connection with your rights of privacy and publicity are not Excluded Disputes.
Federal Arbitration Act. The United States Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this “Special Arbitration Provision for United States or Canada Users” section, including any question whether a Dispute between Desifa and you is subject to arbitration.
Agreement To Arbitrate For HearClear Users Located In The United States Or Canada. For HearClear users who live in the United States or Canada, Desifa and you each agree to waive the right to a trial by judge or jury for all Disputes, except for the Excluded Disputes. Desifa and you agree that all Disputes (except for the Excluded Disputes), including those relating to, arising out of, or in any way in connection with your rights of privacy and publicity, will be resolved through final and binding arbitration. Desifa and you agree not to combine a Dispute that is subject to arbitration under our Terms with a Dispute that is not eligible for arbitration under our Terms.
The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its Commercial Arbitration Rules in effect at the time the arbitration is started, including the Optional Rules for Emergency Measures of Protection and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (together, the “AAA Rules”). The arbitration will be presided over by a single arbitrator selected in accordance with the AAA Rules. The AAA Rules, information regarding initiating a Dispute, and a description of the arbitration process are available at www.adr.org. The arbitrator will decide whether a Dispute can be arbitrated. The location of the arbitration and the allocation of fees and costs for such arbitration shall be determined in accordance with the AAA Rules.
Opt-Out Procedure. You may opt out of this agreement to arbitrate. If you do so, neither we nor you can require the other to participate in an arbitration proceeding. To opt out, you must notify us in writing postmarked within 30 days of the later of:
- the date that you first accepted our Terms;
- the date you became subject to this arbitration provision.
15 Victoria Road
You must include:
- your name and residence address;
- the mobile phone number associated with your account;
- a clear statement that you want to opt out of our Terms’ agreement to arbitrate.
Small Claims Court. As an alternative to arbitration, if permitted by your local “small claims” court’s rules, you may bring your Dispute in your local “small claims” court, as long as the matter advances on an individual (non-class) basis.
Time Limit To Bring Claim. We and you agree that for any Dispute (except for the Excluded Disputes) we and you must bring claims (including commencing an arbitration proceeding) within one year after the Dispute first arose; otherwise, such Dispute is permanently barred. This means that if we or you do not bring a claim (including commencing an arbitration) within one year after the Dispute first arose, then the claim will be dismissed because it was started too late.
No Class Actions, Class Arbitrations, Or Representative Actions For Users Located In The United States Or Canada. We and you each agree that if you are a HearClear user located in the United States or Canada, each of we and you may bring Disputes against the other only on its or your own behalf, and not on behalf of any other person or entity, or any class of people. We and you each agree not to participate in a class action, a class-wide arbitration, Disputes brought in a private attorney general or representative capacity, or consolidated Disputes involving any other person or entity in connection with any Dispute.
Severability. If the prohibition against class actions and other Disputes brought on behalf of third parties is found to be unenforceable for a Dispute, then all of the provisions above under the caption “Special Arbitration Provision for United States or Canada Users” will be null and void as to that Dispute.
Place To File Permitted Court Actions. If you opt out of the agreement to arbitrate, if your Dispute is an Excluded Dispute, or if the arbitration agreement is found to be unenforceable, you agree to be subject to the applicable provision in the “Dispute Resolution” section set forth above.